Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Beware of Capital Merchant Services!

Thankfully, I have not done any business with Capital Merchant Services. But they called me on my cell phone to offer credit card processing services. I didn't answer, and they didn't leave a message. But I called the number back because it was a local number (505-830-1082) and I thought it might be someone trying to reach me for the services of my quartet. When I called the number I realized that it was this company and they had called to solicit me, I let them know that my number is listed with the National Do Not Call Registry. Usually, this works like a charm and people have even apologized to me for calling and vowed to take me off their list.

Not so with Capital Merchant Services! The woman on the phone told me "your number is not on the do not call list". I asked her again the name of her company, so I could write it down. Then I told her that indeed my number IS on the list and that I would be reporting them to the National Registry. I also decided to look for their information online, so that I could perhaps send them a nasty-gram stating that A) they are full of crap, B) that they had called a cell phone, and C) that I had reported them. Interestingly, what I came up with in my search was a number of references to this company as being fraudulent.

The first listing I found was on the KOBTV web site for businesses that have received an "F" rating from the Better Business Bureau. OK, so CMS hasn't only annoyed me. Then, I found a listing on the Ripoff Report where several people had claimed that this company had perpetrated fraud.

Don't companies know that now, with the web, google, and blogs, that it is ever more difficult to hide?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home