Thursday, May 08, 2008

Concerts tomorrow and Sunday

The last concert series of the APO season is upon us! We had our final dress rehearsal last night, and I must say, there is some good music happening here. The guitar soloist sounds fantastic, and the 2nd movement of the Rodrigo is just gorgeous. Bolero now has a very nice, slow ramp up to the climax along with a super-steady temp. And the Beethoven. What can I say about such a great piece of music? I did not know it very well before we started rehearsing it, and I had never played it before. Now, only the 9th remains as the sole Beethoven Symphony that I have not played. The 3rd is a monumental work and will test everyone's ability to concentrate for 45 minutes! It is a symphonic tour de force, and will challenge the listeners.

Concert #1 - Friday, May 9th at the First United Methodist Church, downtown Albuquerque, at 7:30 PM. This is a great location for a concert, with wonderful acoustics and an excellent visual setting.

Concert #2 - Sunday, May 11th at the Kimo Theater, downtown Albuquerque, at 7:30 PM. Need I say more about the Kimo? It's one of Albuquerque's treasures.

I hope to see you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home