Monday, August 20, 2007

New APO Season!

On September 10th, rehearsals start for the new season of the Albuquerque Philharmonic Orchestra. The first concert will feature Brahms Symphony 2 and the Candide Overture by Bernstein, among other pieces. I've played the Bernstein before, but never the Brahms 2nd. It's a great piece and I'm looking forward to tackling it!

Then in July of next year, we'll be doing another series of chamber orchestra concerts, and David somehow talked me into playing the solo viola part for Hindemith's Trauermusik. I performed this piece as part of my senior recital but in the last 19 years I've forgotten it completely. I did buy a part for it recently, so I started looking at it again. Beautiful piece! Should be a fun concert next July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home