Tuesday, June 12, 2007

About to do Another Audition

At a Christmas party last December, I ran into someone I've known since high school - she is the mother of someone with whom I went to school. She mentioned that she'd "heard good things about my planing" and asked if I'd be interested in playing for her. She is the principal violist for a local professional orchestra, and she thought that perhaps I might be able to sub in her section from time to time.

I let her know that I was interested, and that I'd probably play for her this summer. Well, summer is here! So I called her to make an appointment, and she asked me to have some Bach ready, along with something from a Concerto. Gulp! I've been working on the Bach cello suites (particularly #1 in G Major) but I haven't spent any time on a concerto any time lately. I asked her if something from Mozart's Symphonie Concertante would suffice, and she agreed. I had worked on that piece in college, so I felt that I could probably polish it enough for an audition, in a week's time.

So that's what I'm working on this week: Mozart and Bach. Hard to go wrong with those two! If this does result in a fair amount of sub work next season, however, I'll probably have to curtail my involvement with the Albuquerque Philharmonic Orchestra but I'll make that decision when (and if) the time comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home